1) Firing your manager before your team faces the defending champions and cup holders = stupid. Chelsea 7-0 Ipswich Town.
2) Firing your manager before your side faces the team that ripped the World Club Champions a new one = also not smart. Tottenham 3-0 Charlton.
3) Howard Webb likes to insert himself in games. Questionable calls against Liverpool this weekend. Not outrageous… but questionable.
4) Kenny Dalglish has his work cut out for him at Liverpool, especially since he will be without Steven Gerrard for the next three games. Blackpool away, Merseyside derby at home, Wolves away… Liverpool have lost to all three teams this season.
5) Arsenal need a keeper. No kidding.
6) Lionel Messi wins the inaugural FIFA Ballon D’Or as the best player in the world. No kidding.
7) All of the FIFA Pro XI were chosen from Italian or Spanish clubs. Stop me when you are sick of me stating the obvious…
8 ) ‘Arry still hasn’t finalized a deal to bring Becks. I don’t understand why Spurs would sign him in the first place.
9) Becks and Posh are expecting a fourth child. Show-offs…
10) El-Hadji Diouf is still a knob. Discuss.